Brant Lake NY is an Adirondack treasure – a small, scenic Adirondack village with a history of memory making for vacationers dating back generations.
- Brant Lake is about 6 miles long, surrounded by glacial mountains, perfect for any type of boating, sailing, ice fishing and snowmobiling. Both classic Adirondack summer camps and beautiful year round vacation homes line the shoreline, while the natural mountain vistas remain untouched.
- Hiking at Pharoah Mountain Wilderness area is nearby, or stop at The Hub to gear up for a bike ride around the lake where the road hugs the shoreline!
- Great fishing all year round as the lake is stocked annually with brown and rainbow trout and is home to trophy large and small mouth bass.
- Off season, check out Jimbo’s Club on the Point to hang with the locals for cocktails in the lounge or fine dining overlooking the lake. You might even get a glimpse of a vintage Garwood boat where a local family has applied technological advancements in marine engines and boat construction to renovate and reproduce classically styled, mahogany watercraft that are as thrilling to drive as they are to look at.
Where Is Brant Lake NY?
Located in the southeast portion of the Adirondack Park, Brant Lake is nestled just east of Exit 25 of NY Interstate 87 (Adirondack Northway) in Warren County. It is located nearly exactly halfway between the cities of Plattsburgh and Albany in the hamlet of Horicon. Brant Lake is less than a four hour drive from many major metro areas, including Syracuse, Boston and New York City.
Brant Lake FAQ
Elevation: 800 feet
Area: 1,376 acres
Shoreline Length: 15.3 miles
Length: 5 miles
Max Depth: 65 feet
Mean Depth: 30 feet
Brant Lake is a popular fishing destination, and is stocked yearly with brown trout and rainbow trout. Other fish species include Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Chain Pickerel, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Brown Bullhead, Yellow Perch, Rock Bass and Pumpkinseed, Black Crappie. Ice fishing is also a popular sport on Brant Lake. The Brant Lake Winter Carnival is a popular annual event.
Gallo Realty ADK offers all types of Brant Lake real estate, lakefront and waterfront (ponds and rivers), vacation and year-round homes, commercial and business opportunities. Call us at (518) 494-4600 to find your ideal home in the Adirondacks!
Learn more about other Adirondack Lakes and our region here:
- Schroon Lake
- Loon Lake
- Friends Lake
- Other Adirondack Area Lakes & Activities
- Where to Find Other Lower Adirondack Waterfront Properties